Installing ns-2.35 on Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan (OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
Here i will provide step by step procedure for you to install ns-2.35 on mac OS X 10.8/9/10 which i successfully installed on my mac (fully tested by me and its working)
- Brain Adamson(for great patch)
- Henrique Zelak Leite Bastos for the right help.
- APPLE for Mac OS X.(the best a dev. can get)
Step 1. Software Requirements (Pre-requisites).
- Download ns-2.35 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam/files/allinone/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz/download
- Go through this tutorial to install command line tools via terminal http://leviathan37.tumblr.com/post/76618063571/how-to-install-command-line-tools-on-osx-mavericks
- Download XQuartz from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/ (this installs X11 libraries) install and reboot/logout .
Step 2. Choose install directory.
- Place the downloaded ns-allione-2.35.tar.gz file in the location you want to install it.
Step 3. Extract ns files.
- Go to location where you have put your downloaded .tar.gz file and run
- tar zxvf ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz
Step 4. Get into the Directory.
- Execute cd ns-allinone-2.35
Step 5. Download Patch.
- Download zip file from https://github.com/aemreunal/ns-allinone-2.35-Mac-OS-10.9-install-patch.
- Extract and put these files in ns-allinone-2.35 directory.
Step 6. Execute install command
- Execute ./install64 (will give paths after completion. Copy them)
Step 7. Save Paths.
- So now we save the paths returned by successful execution of install command.
- This step is the most critical step as requires proper attention.
- Come back to your user/home directory and run
- touch ~/.bash_profile (if you don't have a bash_profile file in your home directory).
- open ~/.bash_profile (opens bash_profile file in textEdit).
- Now add paths like
- similarly add LD Library paths like
- and add paths also for TCL Library
- Save and Exit.
- Now run source ~/.bash_profile.
- Type nam and .... Bingo!!! if you see the nam window (installation successful !!!)
- else recheck 7th step again as most mistakes are done during this step only (i.e. saving the paths correctly).